Hi guys! I’m so thrilled to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a new Twitter friend, @thenovelorange 😀 This is the first award I’ve been nominated for on Our First Year Here and I’m super excited to share my answers to Maggie’s questions with everyone!
You can check out Maggie’s blog here.
First of all, I did a bit of research and found the official 2017 Liebster Award rules – which you can check out HERE. In a nutshell, the Liebster Award is reserved for bloggers with 200 or fewer followers, and my blog being relatively new, means that I come under that.
My first task in acceptance of the Liebster Award is to discuss one of my favorite blogs to visit. @_GraceLatter. I’ve been following Grace for about a year now and I one thing that keeps me going back to Grace’s blog is her writing.
Grace writes about everything. Like, pretty much everything. She’s got a hell of a lot of fighting spirit at the mo but she’s still blogging and still reading, letting the twitter and blog world know she’s okay.
Her writing is also pretty damn good, and I really enjoy reading her book reviews. Here’s and interview she did recently with Laura Jane Williams and it’s pretty darn good – this book is definitely on my TBR.
Now, onto the questions…
1. Naturally, what’s your most cherished book?
It would probably have to be my well-worn and battered copy of Lola Rose, signed by Jacqueline Wilson. I’ve had that book for a good few years now and it’s definitely one of my favourites.
2. What is your all-time favorite movie?
Any old-school Disney movies i.e. The Aristocats, Aladdin, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast.
3. What would you consider to be your worst habit?
Biting my nails – yuck!
4. When did you realize just how much you adore reading?
Since I can remember! I used to love hiding away and reading books since I was a kid and can remember reading by the light of a nightlight in the hall when I was supposed to be asleep – oops!
5. What made you decide to start blogging?
I enjoyed writing and I really wanted to show other people books I was reading and what I thought of them. To me, blogging is a bit like given other readers ideas of what they can read and I really like that.
6. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert, unless I know the people really well and then I can be quite chatty.
7. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Either lots of veg or Chicken pieces.
8. Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
Not very well. I sometimes type word documents and then delete them. I just don’t like the idea of all my thoughts being on paper and someone finding them at a later date. Writing and deleting what I’ve written makes me feel so much better!
9. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Family holiday to Disneyland – a truly magical trip!
10. What’s some advice you’d like to give other newish book bloggers?
Keep writing! Write for you, not for anyone else and don’t look at your followers. Keep writing, keep posting and followers/readers will find you.
11. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read in its entirety?
Runemarks by Joanne M. Harris – 528 pages!
Now that I’ve answered Maggie’s questions, here are mine for those of you whom I tag:
- Favourite book or series you’ve read?
- Kindle or paperback?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Favourite author?
- Name 3 favourite covers from this year (so far):
- Least favourite book or series?
- Favourite book to film adaptation?
- If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?
- What’s some advice you’d like to give other newish book bloggers?
- Are there any books you’re looking forward to this year? And what are they?
- Facebook or Twitter?
Poppy @ PoppyCoburn.com
Jenn @ Jenniely.com
Krysti @ YA and Wine
Taylor Louise @ Tea Time & Books
Fay @ SuckerforCoffee
N.B Obviously if I’ve tagged you and you have over 200 followers, I ‘m really sorry…, but if you’ve been tagged more than once, I’m pretty sure you can do a blog post once 🙂