It’s finally starting to look and feel like Autumn now. Leaves are changing colour and falling to the ground, the weather’s turning more Autumnal and there’s finally a bit of a chill in the air – cold enough to pull jumpers out of hibernation.
I have to say, I think Autumn is my favourite season.
Lucy, YouTuber at Book Belle, created The Cosy Autumn Tag for the season, combining her love of Books and Autumn and I’m super excited to take part!
🍂 Q U E S T I O N S 🍂
1. What book always reminds you of fall/autumn?
Even though I’ve only started reading it, A Discovery of Witches is becoming a book that instantly transports me to Autumn. It starts in the Autumn term of Academic life, set in Oxford and features witches and vampires. So very much an Autumn read.
2. What is your favourite autumnal book cover?
This took me a LONG time to decide, pretty much all afternoon, but I’d have to go with Autumn by Ali Smith. I haven’t read the book but working in a bookshop, this book is very much Autumn to me. I mean look at that cover!
3. What is your favourite autumnal drink to read with?
Coffee. Although I rather like the gingerbread green tea created by Twinings.
4. Do you prefer to read late at night or early in the morning?
Definitely a late at night kind of reader. I tried reading in the morning and that has just not worked, I’ve ended up falling back asleep – especially if I read in bed!
5. Halloween is coming! What is your favourite spooky read?
I read Laura Purcell’s The Silent Companions , a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! Safe to say I was spooked for a while after reading.
6. What is the ultimate comfort read for you?
Crime Fiction – some good comfort reads I’ve read recently have been The Killings at Kingfisher Hill by Sophie Hannah and The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman.
7. What is your favourite autumnal reading snack?
Peanut Butter on Apples – yum!
8. What is your favourite autumnal candle to burn whilst reading?
I don’t really burn candles much as I have a salt lamp which I absolutely adore, but I really like either Cinnamon or Vanilla scents.
9. When you’re not reading, what is your favourite autumnal activity?
Walking in Autumnal woods or just watching the rain, it’s strangely therapeutic!
10. What is on your autumn/fall reading list?
In no particular order,
The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton
Dark Skies by Tiffany Francis-Baker
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
A link to Lucy’s Video can be found Here, so if you take part, please do tag Lucy on Twitter or Instagram. All the details can be found in the description box of her video.